This vegan mango sorbet is a great way to utilise tinned mango, and it doesn’t compromise on the taste. Whether enjoyed as a cooling snack on its own or as an accompaniment to desert this recipe is perfect for summer.
Vegan Mango SorbetDifficulty: Easy
You will need a freezer safe bowl or loaf tin. This recipe also requires a blender
400g mango chunks in juice
1 tbs fine caster sugar
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
3 tsp lime juice
- Dissolve the sugar and salt completely in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- In a blender blitz all of the mango, lime juice and sugar/salt water until smooth.
- pour into your bowl or tin, cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, leave to soften for a couple of minutes before scooping out. To make this easier dip your spoon in boiling water before forming into the sorbet balls.
- Top with a couple of mint leaves (optional), and enjoy!