This chocolate loaf cake is rich and fudgy with a truffle like texture, whilst the peanut butter on top adds a nutty, slightly salty flavour. I think the chocolate and peanut butter work so well together. It tastes to me like the cake version of my favourite Montezuma Butter Nutter chocolate bar, which you must try if you haven’t already!
Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Brownie Loaf CakeDifficulty: Easy
This recipe serves about 8 slices. You will need a loaf tin greased and lined with baking paper.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup fine white caster sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup oat milk
3/4 cup plain flour (can be gluten free)
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (or crunchy if preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Once liquid, remove from the heat and add the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, flour and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Beat in the egg until the batter is smooth and silky. Pour into your prepared loaf tin.
- Spoon the peanut butter randomly on top of the mixture. Using the tip of a knife, gently push the peanut butter around to create a swirl pattern on the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (or until they turn matte and small holes/ cracks form on top).
Leave to cool in the tin before cutting, and enjoy!