For these mince pies I used ready made mincemeat which made them super simple and quick to bake. To make them a little more special I decorated them with leftover marzipan in the shapes of stars and moons.
Merry Mince PiesDifficulty: Easy
This recipe makes approximately You will need a 20cm x 20cm tray lined with baking parchment.
375g plain flour
250g butter, softened
125g caster sugar
Zest of one orange
1 medium free range egg
2 x 400g mincemeat
Icing sugar, to dust
- In a food processor, blitz the flour, butter, caster sugar and orange zest together into breadcrumbs. Mix in the egg and bring together to form a dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 mins. In the meantime preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- When ready, roll out the pastry to a 3 mm thickness. Using a round cutter, cut out 6×9 cm discs of pastry and press each into the muffin tray and fill it about 3/4 full with the mincemeat.
- Cut out smaller rounds of pastry and place them on top of each pie, pressing the edges gently with a fork to seal.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then leave to cool on a wire rack. Decorate with marzipan or just a dusting of icing sugar.