Making a pizza dough requires similar ingredients to a basic white bread loaf, however it is a much quicker process and only takes about 10 minutes to prove. After realising how easy it is to make delicious and wholesome pizzas from scratch, this recipe has quickly become a family favourite and we haven’t bought store bought since!
Homemade pizza doughDifficulty: Easy
You will need a baking tray (or a few if cooking all pizzas together) lined with baking paper.
400g plain flour
7g instant yeast
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp fine caster sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
300 ml warm water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- in a separate bowl add the yeast and sugar to the warm water and leave for about three minutes until the surface starts to foam. Add the olive oil and gently stir.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and combine to form a dough. Leave to rest and gently prove for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into three even balls and place each one on their own baking tray lined with baking paper. Push the dough out into flat rounds using your hands, adding enough extra flour over the top so it doesn’t stick.
- Once the dough is about 1cm thin, bake for about 5 Minutes. Then remove from oven, add desired toppings and bake for another 10 minutes.
- This recipe is also great when using a pizza oven or pizza stone, just make sure the surface is well floured to prevent them sticking!