I love to try new recipes, so when the Postal Pantry team requested a blondie I rounded up the ingredients and set to work. In short, a Blondie is like a Brownie but, well, blond! It utilises white chocolate which caramelises when baked to create a butterscotch flavour. These are seriously delicious!
Gooey Blondie BitesDifficulty: Easy
you will need a square brownie tin lined with baking parchment.
270g unsalted butter, softened
225g fine white caster sugar
2 free range eggs
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g white chocolate, chopped
100g milk chocolate, chopped
- Start by melting the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil whilst stirring constantly and remove from the heat once it turns a dark golden-brown colour.
- Allow the butter to cool before adding to a large bowl and whisking in the sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and fold into the batter.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chunks and mix thoroughly. Spread evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. The inside should still be a little gooey whilst the outside turns crispy and golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into portions, and enjoy!
- This recipe also works really well with GF flour, so the ingredients can be replaced with allergen friendly alternatives if necessary.