This biscotti recipe uses pistachios, cranberries, crystallised ginger and dark chocolate to create these deliciously crunchy biscuits, perfect for dunking in your coffee and a brilliant homemade gift!
Festive BiscottiDifficulty: Easy
This recipe makes about 20 pieces.
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup fine white caster sugar
1/3 cup sliced dried cranberries
1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1 tbsp roughly chopped crystallised ginger
1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
2 large eggs, beaten
zest of 1 clementine
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tract with baking parchment.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, pistachios, cranberries, chocolate chunks, ginger and orange zest in a large bowl. Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract and stir until well incorporated and a dough forms.
- Split the dough in half and shape into two cylinders, each 5 cm wide, and press down slightly. Place them on the baking tray, leaving space between the two, and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Once out of the oven allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally into 2 cm thick pieces. Place the slices back on the baking tray and cool for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer back to the wire rack and leave to cool completely.