This is a recipe for rich and fudgy brownies… just flourless! To create the dense, moist texture these brownies are made with molten chocolate and ground almonds and are deliciously gluten free. Dust with icing sugar to finish and enjoy!
Chocolate Almond BrowniesDifficulty: Easy
This recipe makes 1 slab of chocolate (2 servings). You will need a 20cm x 20cm tray lined with baking parchment.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup dark chocolate
1 cup ground almonds
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla paste/ essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips together, stirring continuously until smooth and silky. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Gradually add the butter/chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir thoroughly until well combined. Pour into the dry ingredients and fold in until fully incorporated, making sure there are no lumps left in the mixture.
- pour into your prepared 20cm baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. It’s ok if a knife poked into the centre doesn’t quite come out clean, however the brownie middle shouldn’t wobble when removed from the oven.
- Leave to cool in the tin. Once ready to serve remove and dust with icing sugar to finish.